Sticky My Fingers

The other day this TOJ was trying to remember some details of what might be the greatest sports and exercise film ever made, even though it was just a 20 minute short. I don't know why I hadn't done this before, but I Googled it to see if by chance I could find a reference to it in cyberspace.  My heart soared when right in the top few lines was a link to the actual film on YouTube.

Yeah, there have been some classics: Chariots of Fire, North Dallas Forty, Pre, Field of Dreams, The Natural, Rudy, The Longest Yard, Somebody Up There Love's Me, Rocky, The Wrestler, Bull Durham, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, etc.

But none of them rivals Edmond Levy's "Sticky My Fingers Fleet My Feet." Both hilarious and poignant, it's  about weekend warriors, and is so great because it captures the psyche of aging amateurs, where there's no money, fame, or glory. If you're over 40 and compete at anything, you'll see what I mean.

Enjoy!

Sticky My Fingers Fleet My Feet - Part 1

Sticky My Fingers Fleet My Feet - Part 2

No comments: